Saturday, September 29, 2007

I got an internship!

FINALLY! I got a call yesterday and it turns out I'll be interning at DDB Worldwide Ltd., an advertising agency. Im not sure exactly what I'll be doing yet, but I'm assuming (err hoping) it will involve their creative department. To get a better idea of who they are, check out their fresh stuff, it's actually quite entertaining. I start work this Tuesday (Monday is National Day)...finally I'll have a routine. I'm not going to lie, having classes only on Wednesdays was nice but it probably isn't the best for one's health. I'm really crossing my fingers for it to be paid as well, money here is like water through my hands. Of course, I'm not going to hold my breath.

In other news, Katy and I are going to see Armin Van Buuren tomorrow night and I'm totally pumped. It would normally cost $60 USD to get in, but because she's reporting on a story for JUICE we are getting in free. I wish I got paid to report on big parties...although being friends with people who do isn't so bad either.

I also booked my tickets for Thailand yesterday. It will be from Oct. 13-22. We fly into Bangkok, stay a few days. Then we'll take a train to Phuket. From there, we will probably take a trip to Phi Phi Island and Koh Phangan (possibly for the Half Moon Festival?). If anyone has been to Thailand or has any suggestions, please let me know! I heard the beaches are beautiful.

4 comments:

Allison Morrow said...

Hey, Leah. I just stumbled upon your latest blog. First of all, congrats on the internship! Second of all, re: Thailand...I went there for spring break with roughly the same plan you have. We had a blast, but definitely had some bumps in the road too. My advice: Book your train tickets before you get there and do your best to plan out where you'll stay in each place you go. We were in Koh Phangan for the full moon festival. It's a crazy fun time, just make sure to keep an eye out for shady characters...our shacks on the beach were burgled while we were out, so carry all important things (passport, wallet, ipod, etc) with you at all times. And yes, the beaches are out of this world. Despite the burglary and some other travel problems we faced, I loved Thailand. Hope you have a blast, and let me know if you have any questions. Cheers!

Leah said...

Thanks so much for checking out my blog Allison! and thanks for the advice. I heard from people that you definitely have to watch your back (especially since as of right now it's me and 3 other girls). I'm going to try and plan out what we do as much as possible. I was also told to never put my drink down at a bar (although I doubt I would anyways). As for traveling between Phuket and Bangkok, we are still swaying between bus and plane. Watch your email, you may get one from me soon!

hoi said...

you haven't updated. it's been too long...

mid-autumn festival is a big deal but it's more than just mooncakes and lanterns. I'm sorry but damn the the government and its tourism board for making it seem just only that. mid-autumn is just a big get-together thing that we chinese like/feel we should do. so we get together for dinners with the family (and/or the extended family). meet up with friends and melt candles together. collectivism. we just like togetherness.

me like lantern pic. you a photographer?

Leah said...

Thanks Hoi! Nope, not a photographer. Just got lucky!