Sunday, September 9, 2007

The Peak

Hey, it's me and Jackie Chan! Or at least the wax version of him...I swear Jackie Chan is everywhere. He's on the sides of buses, billboards and even at the bottom of the tram to Victoria Peak (where this picture was taken).
If you're looking for another anti-climactic touristy event to experience, go to the Peak. There's two ways to get there-- you can take a 30-minute walk up a mountain (there's walkways, I heard it's pretty easy) or if you're really lazy like me, you can take the tram. At the top is probably one of the last things I would have expected-- a mall. No museums or informational pamphlets, just a mall with name-brand stores and restaurants with a view at the top.

Of course, I'm an American so I didn't exactly complain.

In fact, I decided to make the most of it by getting a whopper from Burger King.


The view, however, was still probably worth it. To the left of my head is the IFC tower, the tallest skyscaper in Hong Kong.


I heard the view is better at night.

1 comment:

Cyndi said...

Leah -
I'd been reading about the tram, but didn't know that there was a mall at the top! How great is that? I am wondering whether or not 2 suitcases will be enough for us to bring things back. Do you know how expensive shipping might be back to the U.S.?
BTW - have you seen anything so far that you can't live without buying? What are some of the really great things that are cheap, light, and small to bring back for souveniers?
I am getting so excited about our trip - November is not that far away! Looks like you are having a great time. Say hello to Jackie for me! I've been gearing up by listening to "Everybody was Kung Fu Fighting" - hahahahah!
Aunt Cyndi